Numismatique de l'antiquité
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Monnaies de l'antiquité Romaines Grecques Gauloises et autres

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  FAQFAQ  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Question

2 participants
AuteurMessage
yo_dude87

Question Empty
MessageSujet: Question   Question Icon_minitimeMar 25 Juil - 13:39

Hi guys, this is my second thread in this forum, if i count the presentation one. I need your opinion about a piece ive seen for sale in facebook - image below

Question 20258110 Question 20258310

thing is, ive got some issues with this coin. seller says the coin is authentic, but something is throwing me a bit off about it. the F close to Sol doesnt quite match the font style imho, there are some inconsistencies in the letters in the legend, both in the obverse and reverse, and i dont quite like constantine's hair. its just funky, methinks.

i need the opinion of someone who is really an expert in this area, as im thinking of buying this coin (if its authentic its a real deal, as its stunning). but i need to be 100% sure. seller says that the coin was even posted by him at the Forum Ancient Coins (which means nothing to me tbh, as ive seen counterfeits being sold in big auction houses without anyone noticing them).

well, thats it. if you guys need any further info, ill do my best to provide you with them. Btw, its a constantine follis, trier mint, just in case. Thanks in advance.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Genio popvli romani
COS VI
COS VI
Genio popvli romani

Question Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeMar 25 Juil - 14:51

Hi,

This coin is perfectly authentic and in "as struck" condition. This not uncommon as this kind of coin has been widely thesaurized and this specimen is probably coming from a hoard.
In the other hand, it is a very common coin (Trier RIC.132) and despite its condition, you should not pay too much for it.

A few examples in Nummus database
yo_dude87

Question Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeMar 25 Juil - 16:10

Genio popvli romani a écrit:
Hi,

This coin is perfectly authentic and in "as struck" condition. This not uncommon as this kind of coin has been widely thesaurized and this specimen is probably coming from a hoard.
In the other hand, it is a very common coin (Trier RIC.132) and despite its condition, you should not pay too much for it.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. price is not so high, seller's asking USD 70 ca. for it. might go for it, as the condition is really good

Question
Page 1 sur 1