Monnaies de l'antiquité

Le siteLe site  AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  
Partagez | 

A little help with this Claudius II - VICTORIA AVG

AuteurMessage
grigioviola
Consul
Consul

MessageSujet: A little help with this Claudius II - VICTORIA AVG   Lun 5 Fév - 14:17

Dear friends,
I've purchased this little ant of Claudius II:

D\ IMP CLAVDIVS AVG
R\ VICTORIA AVG

The bust looks to me more like an A3 type (Head right, radiate, with traces of drapery to front and rear of truncation) than a B1 type (Bust right, radiate, cuirassed).

An example of A3 bust type:

On www.ric.mom.fr I'm not able to find nothig about a VICTORIA AVG with bust A3 type... only this ex.: http://www.ric.mom.fr/en/coin/69?tempRIC=&asmSelect0=&Reign=Claudius+II&asmSelect1=&asmSelect2=&asmSelect3=&asmSelect4=&asmSelect5=&asmSelect6=&asmSelect7=&Legend=VICTORIA+AVG&asmSelect8=&asmSelect9=&asmSelect10=&asmSelect11=&BustDescription=&ReverseDescription=&Note=&Reference=&page=1&mod=result&hpp=50&from=advanced but it's a quinarius and with a different type o Victory...
anyone have some ideas?
Many thanks!!!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Genio popvli romani
COS V
COS V

MessageSujet: Re: A little help with this Claudius II - VICTORIA AVG   Lun 5 Fév - 17:05

grigioviola
Consul
Consul

MessageSujet: Re: A little help with this Claudius II - VICTORIA AVG   Lun 5 Fév - 17:10

Sorry!!!
Yes It's the O2 type, I've made a mistake! The description was correct, "mea culpa"!
Do you think that's right this type of bust for the piece that I've attached?
If yes, I'm not able to find a VICTORIA AVG with this bust in the ric online database...

A little help with this Claudius II - VICTORIA AVG
Page 1 sur 1